Awqaf SA is a charity receiving and fund raising organization. At the same time it is also a grantmaking and funding organization. It can only perform this function if it is able to develop its own resources. This is done in the main from the hearts and pockets of generous donors. To view the General Donation Form: click here
While Waqf and Endowment charities remain Awqaf SA core business, the organization accepts various types of charities or sadaqah. This gives you, the donor, several options. A brief description of the various types of charities accepted by Awqaf SA is given below:
- Waqf – a voluntary, irrevocable, permanent, giving of any amount, or asset, for the pleasure of the Almighty; always remains capital; corpus always remains intact; invested in income generating projects; waqf revenues are spent on community development projects and programmes. For a detailed explanation on waqf, Click here
- Zakaat – a compulsory religious tax on Muslims of 2,5% based on a minimum zakatable wealth known as nisaab, the threshold, for either being a zakaatpayer or being a recipient of Zakaat. Awqaf SA uses zakah funds for self-reliance and to provide for the poor and needy. Zakaat distribution/expenditure is restricted to eight categories stipulated in the Qur’an.
- Lillah – a voluntary giving in the way of Allah. This is the broadest form of giving or donating and lillah may be used for any expenditure which will please our Creator.
- Interest – Awqaf SA has several projects that could use non-permissable income. For example, water, borehole, tree planting, food gardens, and sanitation projects in schools and poor communities, particularly in rural areas. For more information on the use of interest read the article by Justice Mufti Taqi Usmani… Click here to read.
- Sadaqah – a voluntary giving for any worthy cause or for the poor and needy.
Other types of donations accepted by Awqaf SA:
- Grants – these are used for administrative purposes or according to the specifications of the donor eg a special project or programme that requires immediate or direct funding.
- Endowments – for general or designated purposes. Endowment funds operate exactly like the waqf funds.
Donation Payment Methods & Forms
For payment methods, Click here
For donation forms, select and click the relevant form below:
Waqf Monthly Payment Authorisation – 1% per month debit order
Waqf Payment Authorisation – 1% Options: Quarterly/Half yearly/Annually/ Once off debit order
General Donation Form – Use this form for all other donations eg grants, interest, zakaat, lump sum waqf.
NB: Please ensure that all details and references are correctly written on your deposit slip. Be sure also to fax a copy of the deposit slip or confirmation advice. You may post, fax, or email the info to Awqaf SA:
P.O. Box 96415 Brixton 2019 65 Foyle Avenue, Crosby
24/7 fax: 088011-8378669/ 086-5149644
f: 021- 6964614
Bank account details
You may use any of the following accounts for your convenience:
(this account works in conjunction with Albaraka Bank)
Account Name: Awqaf SA
Account Name: Awqaf SA
|Account Name: |
A/C No: 1469-053934,
A/C No: 3001 118 114 151
|A/C No: 002511541|
Branch: Business Northrand
Branch Code 198765
Branch Code: 800000
(nb: same code for all branches)
|Branch Code: 005205|
Ref: Cell No/Ur name
Ref: Cell no/Ur name
|Ref: 3001 118 114 151/Cell no/Ur Name|
Foreign Country Payments: SWIFT CODE: NEDSZAJJ