Photos from the LDP 2012
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Create/ provide opportunities for young people in the community through networking.
- Create a vibe/opportunity to be part of a Professional/winning Society and in the process create hope for others.
- Direct young people to a socially & spiritually conscious future.
- Contribute to aspire to success and the deprivation of failure (failure of the community is not an option).
- Contribute to leadership development in the community.
- Fulfill our obligation/ objectives of establishing Waqf & giving back to the Community.
- Utilize the opportunity to revolutionise our Community & reiterate our relevance in South Africa & the Ummah at large.
- Inculcate a culture of social responsibility in our future leaders.
- Develop youth that will have a sense of belonging and hope.
For more information, please visit http://www.awqafsa.org.za/2012/10/19/register-now-for-the-awqaf-sa-leadership-development-programme-2012/
For online registration, please visit http://awqafsa.org.za/awqaf-sa-leadership-development-programme-2012-registration/
Awqaf SA – Leadership Development Programme
Date – 1 December 2012
Venue – Executive Venues, Kromboom Gardens, Kromboom Road, Rondebosch East
8:00a.m. – 9:00a.m. Registration
Opening Dua & Welcome
AwqafSA introduction & video
Plenary 1 / Session 1 – Leaders in Motion: Anecdotes of success
Shahied Daniels – CEO: South African Institute of Professional Accountants
Khalid Abdullah – CEO: Sekunjalo Investments (JSE Listed Company)
Networking Tea Break
Plenary 2 / Session 2 – Psychology of Leadership: Anything is Possible
Dr Salie Abrahams – (Harvard University PHD graduate & Project Executive AwqafSA Western Cape)
Yaseen Carelse – (Stellenbosch University Award winning student & SRC representative)
Plenary 3 / Session3 – Women in Leadership
Cheryl Carolus – (Ex Ambassador to the UK & Community Activist) – Invited
Fatima Jakoet – (SAA Pilot, MBA & Forensics Scholar)
Closure, Vote of Thanks, Special award announcements and Prize Giving
Thuhr & Lunch