Bringing the experience of the past to bear on the future.
In pursuit of the advancement of our vision, mission, and aims and objectives, we are committed to the following operational policies and guidelines:
- Advocacy: to play an advocacy role in relation to issues affecting the empowerment of communities.
- Affirmative action and equity: to pursue employment, appointment, and other practices that would affirmatively and equitably represent members from diverse backgrounds, as far as is practicable.
- Conduct: to strive to our utmost to conduct our affairs in accordance with Islamic principles, values, and ethos
- Confidentiality: to respect the confidentiality of waqifoon as well as beneficiaries and not to divulge confidential information without the express consent of waqifoon or beneficiary.
- Constructive engagement: to constructively engage with Muslim organisations, groups, or individuals, who have serious differences.
- Controls, checks & balances: to institute such internal control measures, checks, and balances within the administration of the organisation, so as to enable the minimisation and/or elimination of risk of failure, misstatement, mismanagement, or error.
- Co-operation and collaboration: to co-operate and collaborate with all sectors of society including existing organisations, interest groups, parastatals and state organs at national, provincial, and local level
- Corporate governance: to govern the organisation, as far as is appropriate, in compliance with principles and practices recommended by the King Commission Report on Corporate Governance.
- Excellence/Ihsan: to pursue excellence/ihsan in all that we do.
- Existing resources: to utilise existing resources and facilities rather than re-invent or re-invest in new resources and facilities
- Historical shortcomings: to be cognisant of errors of the past and to avoid any activity, action, or operation of the organisation that may cause such errors.
- Human Resources: to recruit volunteers and, where applicable, employ, competent and proficient candidates with the necessary skills to carry out designated functions and responsibilities and to reward them commensurately
- Inclusive: to be inclusive and to create a unifying brotherly/sisterly spirit among stakeholders
- Learning Organisation: to develop a learning organisation where everyone linked to the organisation is encouraged to learn and grow, and to contribute innovatively towards constant personal improvement
- Mutual consultation/Shura: to take decisions on the basis of and with due consultation/ shura at appropriate levels of the organisation and with relevant persons internally and externally.
- Non-duplication: not to compete with existing organisations nor to duplicate services already being provided by existing organisations
- Non-obligation: to receive donor or awqaf funds and/or revenues from any quarter on a non-obligation / no-strings-attached basis, and to make disbursements on the same basis
- Partnerships and Joint Ventures: to initiate and/or execute projects in partnership or joint venture with existing organisations and institutions
- Positive Neutrality: to maintain a neutral but positive stance in its relations with other groups and organisations.
- Projects: to initiate and establish new community development projects and/or to strengthen and support existing ones
- Public relations: to build relations with all sectors of the community including professionals, ulama, business persons, students and youth, womens’ and other interest groups
- Quality service: to provide a high quality service to clients and stakeholders
- Rotation: Wherever possible, members of committees, across the board, shall rotate responsibilities to avoid ‘one-man’ shows and ‘life members’.
- Strategic relations: to establish and maintain relationships with Government, organisations, agencies, and communities, both nationally and internationally
- Transparency and accountability: to underscore all activities and transactions by principles of transparency and accountability to our stakeholders.