“Awqaf has a vitally important contemporary role to play and the Muslim community should be made aware that this organization’s role is deeply rooted in the ethos, history, and edifice of Islam and Muslims. It is nothing less than a religious calling.”
“Waqf is the most sustainable and enduring Islamic charity”
Awqaf SA™ was pioneered in 2000 as an independent community-based and owned trust, dedicated to the establishment of the institution of Waqf and the empowerment of communities. Step into a new world of philanthropy…a way of giving steeped in history and benevolence.
Awqaf SA is a charitable endowment (waqf) receiving organization. It invests endowment funds and spends only the income generated from investments to fund a variety of community development projects and programmes promoting Integrated Community Development and Self-Reliance.
Awqaf SA is not affiliated to any organization but participates and contributes wherever possible. Awqaf SA enters into Cooperation and Friendship agreements with relevant stakeholders.
“The initiation of Awqaf SA was long overdue” said a senior Aalim.
“Awqaf SA is the most innovative and forward looking organization SA” – community activist.
B-BBEE LEVEL RATING 1 – 135% : Awqaf SA is a Level 1 contributor in terms of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Codes of Good Practice
SARS S18 Status: A maximum of 10% of Taxable Income of Donations made to Awqaf SA are deductible in terms of Section 18A of the Income Tax Act.
To be the leading civil society waqf / endowment institution in Southern Africa having the best financial and human capital asset base providing cutting-edge value-adding initiatives and services to empower people and communities and excelling in all that we do with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Create, mobilise, develop and manage waqf and charitable endowment funds and assets as means of providing sustainable funding solutions
- Advocacy, education, popularisation, and proliferation of the Waqf system
- Mobilisation, training, & engagement of human resources/ambassadors for voluntary community service
- Initiation and/or contribution to worthwhile sustainable humanitarian, community development and poverty alleviation projects and programmes
- Cooperation, Partnerships & Working Unity
- Promotion of Self Reliance
- Effective Corporate Governance
- Holistic view of Community Development
- Being Proactive and Relevant
- Learning Organisation
- Service to all irrespective of creed or colour
- For more on Operational Policies Click here
- Ethical behaviour and code of conduct
- Sincerity of purpose
- Taqwa – Consciousness of Our Creator in thoughts, feelings, and actions
Awqaf SA has chapters in Gauteng, Western Cape, and a network presence in other provinces, towns, and cities.
Awqaf SA is grateful to Allah (swt), the many donors, volunteers, service providers, and their families for their duas and support. Jazakallahukhairan.